POSITION: Account Manager, Field Sales – Manitoba/Saskatchewan
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
DEPARTMENT: Education Publishing
REPORTS TO: District Manager, Sales
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism, and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
Wiley’s global mission is to help teachers teach and students learn. Our Account Managers work with and serve as innovators in the higher education market, keeping up with the latest technological offerings and helping instructors and students teach and learn more effectively by identifying critical business issues and providing complex solutions.
Our most successful sales professionals possess a tenacious desire to win and are able to push their customers’ thinking and teach them something new.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the Manitoba/Saskatchewan region universities across Winnipeg, Regina and other cities
- You’ll achieve your sales objectives through sales to new and existing customers
- Identify, prioritize, track, and close sales opportunities
- You’ll be empowered and expected to drive strategy and key business decisions in your territory
- You’ll understand and fulfill customers’ needs by identifying critical business issues
- You’ll offer unique, effective and complex solutions with precision and passion
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about Wiley’s products and services
- Effectively manage your time, territory, and resources to maximize results
- You’ll identify and act upon the economic and academic drivers that motivate customers
- You’ll challenge your customers’ assumptions and expectations providing valuable insight in market perspective.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Wiley to help meet company objectives
- Interact with sales, marketing, editorial and external customers
- You’ll travel within your territory and to occasional company meetings
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of consultative or solution selling outside sales experience
- Demonstrated sales management – prospecting and closing new business, cross-selling, upselling and renewing exiting clients
- Strong business acumen, goal oriented, with a proven track record of achieving targets and objectives
- Driven – possesses a strong desire to be successful, self-starter and a true initiator
- Excellent communication, presentation organization and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Data-driven - able to analyze data and numbers
- Familiarity with media, web-based technologies and Salesforce CRM
- Valid driver’s license
Apply here: Account Manager - Field Sales (36633)
We thank you for your interest; however, please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.