Acquisitions Assistant - Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is looking for a highly motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting our Acquisitions Editors in acquiring new titles as part of our higher education publishing program.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting Acquisitions Editors (AEs) in soliciting and evaluating projects in assigned disciplines.
- Assisting AEs in developing and implementing a strategic plan for each title, from acquisition through to the sales and marketing of the book.
- Monitoring overall sales performance of Canadian Scholars’ book portfolio and identifying opportunities for new editions and supplemental materials.
- Conducting discipline and market research and coordinating peer review
- Potential for travel to represent Canadian Scholars at conferences or other events.
- An undergraduate degree; diploma or degree in book publishing is preferred
- Sales experience in academic publishing would be an asset
- Proactive and goal-oriented with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage a wide range of tasks
- Expert command of written and oral English; French would be an asset
- A genuine interest in a career pathway to acquiring books for the company
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications in one pdf file to email@example.com by January 29th, 2021.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press encourages applications from candidates who are members of underserved and underrepresented communities, including BIPOC, LGBTQ2+, people living with dis/ability, and others. Please state in your email that you would like to be considered for recruitment equity if this applies to you. While you are welcome to elaborate further, it is not required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.