Acquisitions Editor - Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is looking for a highly motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills to join our dynamic team. Working out of our downtown Toronto office, the successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring new titles as part of our higher education publishing program.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ongoing market research to maintain a solid understanding of the academic fields in our areas of focus
- Developing strong networks and partnerships with key leaders in these fields to increase authorship, customer base, and market share
- Evaluating and providing feedback on book proposals
- Coordinating peer review and communicating feedback to authors/editors
- Contributing creative input on text designs, cover designs, jacket copy, and web content
- Working closely with our production managers and marketing and sales team
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan for each title, from acquisition to sales
- An undergraduate degree
- Computer proficiency in typical office programs, as well as internet research
- 1-2 years’ experience in academic book publishing and/or a recent or expected graduate degree would be an asset
- Experience as an acquisitions editor would be an asset
- Sales and marketing experience would be an asset
- Experience working with ePubs or other electronic resources would be an asset
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16th, 2020.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.