Closing Date for Applications: June 1st, 2019
Canada FBM2020 is looking for a highly organized and dynamic individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position will be based out of Canada FBM2020’s Toronto office.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Supporting the Associate Director of Operations with the day-to-day reporting tasks of the entity, including preparing materials for funding stakeholders, annual and interim audits, and filing and archiving of materials;
- Supporting the Associate Director of Operations with preparing materials for board meetings including board package documents, meeting logistics, etc.;
- Supporting the Executive Director and Communications team to prepare presentations, communication memos and other notes, and supporting documentation for industry events and outreach across Canada and internationally;
- Acting as the main point of contact for the Literary Programming Committee for all travel and meeting logistics; work closely with the Project Manager and Executive Director on this priority deliverable for the Guest of Honour presentation;
- Supporting the Project Manager with the planning and delivery of various activities integral to the initiatives and mandate of Canada FBM2020, including B2B activities, professional development opportunities, and administrative tasks related to the online rights catalogue and online and print calendar of events in Germany in 2020;
- Maintaining and updating Canada FBM2020’s contacts database for all communications activities;
- Other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be well organized and reliable
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a professional work ethic
- Have strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Be able to adapt to constant change, take on new challenges, and work under pressure
- Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive, enthusiastic, and professional attitude, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Office including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; experience working with online live-editing tools; general technical support skills
- Knowledge of French will be considered an asset
This is a full-time contract position to March 2020 with possibility of renewal to December 2020.
Canada FBM2020 offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please send a one-page cover letter and two-page résumé with your salary expectations by email before June 1st, 2019. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications can be addressed to: Meghan Macdonald, Associate Director of Operations
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
About Canada FBM2020
On 6 October 2016, the Government of Canada (GoC) signed a contract committing to Canada’s participation as the Guest of Honour (GoH) at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2020. Canada FBM2020 was then established as an entity in collaboration with the Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP) and the Association nationale des éditeurs de livres (ANEL) to manage, in French and English, the role and involvement of the Canadian book publishing industry at the Frankfurt Book Fair in 2020. Canada FBM2020 receives financial support from the Department of Canadian Heritage (PCH) and strategic oversight from a steering committee that includes members of PCH, the Canada Council for the Arts, Global Affairs Canada, Telefilm Canada and Canada FBM2020. As a not-for-profit organization, Canada FBM2020 is supported by an independent board of directors and is working with key government and industry partners to deliver the major elements of the GoH program. Canada FBM2020 is an entity that employs two official languages to represent English, French, and Indigenous members of the publishing industry from across Canada.
Le 6 octobre 2016, le gouvernement du Canada s’est engagé par contrat à participer à la Foire du livre de Francfort de 2020 à titre d’invité d’honneur. Un organisme appelé Canada FBM2020 a alors été fondé conjointement par l’Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP) et l’Association nationale des éditeurs de livres (ANEL) pour assurer la gestion, en français et en anglais, de la participation de l’industrie canadienne de l’édition à la Foire. Canada FBM2020 reçoit l’appui financier du ministère du Patrimoine canadien et est supervisé stratégiquement par un comité directeur comprenant des membres du ministère du Patrimoine canadien (PCH), du Conseil des arts du Canada, d’Affaires mondiales Canada, de Téléfilm Canada et de Canada FBM2020. En tant qu’organisme à but non lucratif, Canada FBM2020 est soutenu par un conseil d’administration indépendant et travaille de concert avec des partenaires clés du gouvernement et de l’industrie pour livrer les composantes majeures du programme d’invité d’honneur. Canada FBM2020 travaille dans les deux langues officielles pour représenter les membres de l’industrie de l’édition anglophones, francophones et autochtones de partout au Canada.