Oxford University Press has an immediate opening for a highly organized and dynamic individual to assume the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist.
The successful candidate will ensure that the Toronto office operates effectively and efficiently and will provide vital administrative support to the Vice President, OUP Canada, while working in an environment where detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and a high level of professionalism are critical.
Core responsibilities include:
- Handle all reception tasks including: greeting guests, answering telephones, managing incoming/outgoing packages, ordering office supplies and stock for mail room and kitchens
- Handle all administrative tasks for Vice President, OUP Canada, including: creation of PowerPoint presentations, scheduling and coordination of meetings, assisting in the management of company fleet vehicles, company insurance policies , provincial registrations and contract database
- Maintain the professional appearance and general organization of the office. Manage day-to-day office maintenance including scheduling repairs, plant care, carpet cleaning, and ordering furniture
- Manage Oxford’s office space and relationship with landlord; deal with any building issues that may arise. Work closely with members of the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Answer general staff questions and assist visitors with booking meeting rooms, taxis and workstations during the course of their visit
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement, including processes and procedures
Minimum qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree
- Excellent computer skills, including experience working in MS Word and Excel and the ability to learn various specialized databases
- Highly organized, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to adapt to constant change, take on new challenges, and work under pressure. Strong interpersonal skills, a positive, enthusiastic, and professional attitude, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment are essential
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to:
SR. HR Coordinator :
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Oxford University Press is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.