Oxford University Press is recruiting for a talented, results driven individual to assume the position of Advertising and Promotions Associate in the Higher Education Division.
The Advertising and Promotions Associate will be responsible for writing, proofreading, and deploying promotional and sales support materials needed to achieve key title, list, and company sales goals. The ideal candidate will possess strong writing in addition to outstanding communication, time-management, and proof-reading skills. Is detail-oriented, works well in a team environment, and applies their judgment to plan, organize, troubleshoot, and complete projects within specified deadlines.
This is a high-volume, detail-oriented role, that requires familiarity with marketing, product management, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple team members and customers.
- Create, write, and proofread copy for email campaigns. Design the collateral and deploy the campaigns. Monitor the effectiveness of the email campaigns using analytic tools.
- Create, write, and proofread copy for printed promotional materials (discipline catalogues, brochures, postcards, journal and conference program ads, and other projects). Project manage the delivery of all such printed materials.
- Maintain and update website and in-house publications database with related links, descriptive copy, reviews, and tables of contents (includes numerous troubleshooting duties).
- Interact with Assistant Marketing Manager to create campaigns; with Editorial to obtain source materials; and with Editorial/Design/Production for access to book materials and art.
- Travel to academic meetings, sales conferences, and to work with sales reps on campus, as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication, or a related area.
- Possesses strong writing in addition to outstanding communication, time-management, and proof-reading skills.
- Is detail-oriented, works well in a team environment, and applies their judgment to plan, organize, troubleshoot, and complete projects within specified deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a large volume of projects.
- Familiarity with Exact Target/SFDC Marketing Cloud preferred
- A valid Passport is required.
Applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to:
Sr. Human Resources Coordinator
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Oxford University Press is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.