The Azrieli Foundation, a not-for-profit philanthropic organization that publishes the Azrieli Series of Holocaust Survivor Memoirs, is looking for a full-time assistant editor in our Toronto office.
- Editorial assistance to the Managing Editor in preparation for publications, including ISBN and CIP applications; administrative tasks related to distribution; and inputting manuscript corrections using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Editorial assistance to the Managing Editor in the preparation of trade and educators’ catalogues, including drafting and editing catalogue copy, as well as proofreading catalogue copy.
- Fielding phone calls and emails regarding submissions, meeting with prospective authors and assessing manuscripts.
- Editorial work on English-language manuscripts slated for publication as part of the Azrieli Series of Holocaust Survivor Memoirs. Editorial work may include substantive, line and copy editing; extensive research and fact-checking; noting and/or resolving manuscript queries; writing/updating glossary entries; writing photo captions; and proofreading.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Certificate in Editing or Publishing or university degree in English or similar field.
- 3+ years administrative and editorial experience, ideally in the field of literary non-fiction.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong writing and researching skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage a variety of projects concurrently and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Position available in January. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter by December 22, 2017, to Arielle Berger at HR@azrielifoundation.org with the subject line “Assistant Editor.”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please, no telephone inquiries.
For information about the Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program, please visit our website: memoirs.azrielifoundation.org