St. Joseph Media is Canada's third largest publisher with brands including award-winning magazine titles such as Toronto Life, FASHION, TITLE, WeddingBells, Mariage Quebec, WHERE Canada magazines, and Quill & Quire.
Quill & Quire is currently looking to fill the part-time, freelance position of associate editor (three days a week). This is an ideal position for an experienced, enthusiastic content-creation specialist with proven editing and writing skills looking to contribute to a small team. The successful applicant will be a strong communicator, energized by the evolving opportunities and storytelling potential of multi-platform journalism.
- Writing, editing, copy-editing, and proofreading feature and news content for print and web
- Responsible for bi-weekly newsletter production and Q&Q’s social media presence
- Developing relationships with publishers and other industry players; representing Q&Q at industry events
- Keeping abreast of trends in Canadian publishing with an eye on story development
Qualifications and Requirements
- Versatile writer with experience reporting and editing in a deadline-driven environment. Experience in business-related journalism is an asset, as is knowledge of the Canadian books industry
- Experience with WordPress, social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), and InDesign
- Familiarity with magazine editorial processes, with story-development skills
- Have a high level of organization, attention to detail, and copy-editing experience
- Flexible team player eager to contribute to all aspects of the publication
Interested candidates please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please indicate the job title in the subject line).
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Media is an equal opportunity employer. St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.