Department: North American Retail Marketing & Digital
Reports to: Manager, Romance Publicity and Events
Harlequin is seeking an Associate Publicist to work closely with the Manager of Publicity & Events in a very active department with a dynamic publishing program.
- Support and work independently on a wide array of books by high-profile and debut authors within our imprints HQN, Graydon House and Carina Press.
- Create innovative press materials including press releases, pitch letters, Q&A’s and bios.
- Develop and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure reviews and features with a focus on the US and Canadian markets.
- Participate in key book conferences throughout key times of the planning seasons (Book Expo, BookCon in NYC, Romantic Times Convention, etc. requiring some travel to the United States).
- Coordinate and execute media campaigns, implement review copy mailings and manage media lists.
- Cultivate and maintain author relationships.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other departments – editorial, marketing, sales, etc.
- General administrative duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1-3 years of prior work experience in publicity.
- Must have excellent phone and computer skills.
- Good writing skills are VERY important, as well as the ability to multi-task and be flexible, think on your feet and be ready to try anything.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a love of books are a must.
- Must be competent on a number of social media networks.
- Able to multi-task, determine priorities, and remain cool under pressure.
- Energetic, team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media and Cision Media database a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
Interested, external Applicants are asked to apply on our website (http://careers.harlequin.com/)
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.