Come join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Awards, Events Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Manager, Social Science
Division: Book Publishing
Location: Bay & Collage area
Here’s what you’ll be doing….
Manage all logistical details surrounding events and conference attendance to enhance the presence and visibility of UTP and UTP titles. Submit appropriate books for awards that will bring prestige to UTP and build the UTP brand.
• Manage all logistical details involved in conference attendance.
• Ensure review copies are sent to appropriate specialized journals in timely fashion and identify scholarly journals to receive review copies of new books. Monitor published reviews and manage review requests.
• Coordinate with all stakeholders (including Journals) in order to effectively organize joint displays at conferences and exhibits.
• Communicate details and calendar of planned conferences with all stakeholders.
• Research events and conferences that would contribute to revenue.
• Organize and develop materials for exhibition (e.g., books, flyers, order forms, posters).
• Maintain inventory of all conference display materials.
• Maintain budget controls for all exhibits.
• Manage all activities surrounding UTP titles award submissions including submitting appropriate books to appropriate awards in a timely manner.
• Communicate all award nominations and wins with internal stakeholders and external market through website awards page, book page, and other digital channels.
• Track awards performance and complete and distribute monthly and annual reports.
• Contribute to the completion of grant funding applications – e.g Livres Canada Books and OMDC Export Book Fund.
• Following successful application, send in reports as required by grant funding organization (e.g. Livres Canada Books (FRMAP) after each exhibit or event submitted).
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• University graduate
• 1-2 years in book publishing, preferably in marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Highly motivated; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, data analysis and SEO
• Experience with Adobe and Photoshop
• Experience with Onix is an asset
• Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of over 40 full time and contract employees and operates out of 800 Bay Street. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world and we serve a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.