WHO WE ARE:
For more than a century, TNG has transported millions of pounds of product, from magazines to food and beverage, craft beer and nearly everything in between—onto shelves and into shopping carts. Our mission is to simplify the complex, deliver the impossible, and move our business forward.
TNG is proud to be a part of the Jim Pattison Group of companies. The Jim Pattison Group is broadly based across the automotive, media, packaging, food sales and distribution, magazine distribution, entertainment, export and financial industries and is the second-largest private company in Canada.
TNG in Burlington, Ontario is seeking a motivated full-time Category Assistant to add to our purchasing team.
Reporting to the National Purchasing Manager, main functions include:
- Creating, revising and managing booking agreements and purchase orders
- Maintaining strong vendor and publisher relationships, to effectively manage procurement plans and operational details, promotions, conferences and metadata
- Preparing various reports, merchandising communications, promotional summaries, and other documents as required for our vendors, buyers and publishers
- Enter and issue Purchase Orders
- Assist in the setup of new accounts
- Work with vendors to ensure ample program availability for the needs of all TNG retailers
- Ensure all purchases, discounts and incentives are tracked properly
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Publishing
- Two years of Purchasing, Sales or Category Management experience
- Experience working for a major retailer/chain an asset
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with mindset of the bigger picture, and ability to work toward achieving company objectives
- Strong technical skills, including expert level proficiency in MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of SQL an asset
BENEFITS OF BEING ON THIS TEAM:
- Competitive compensation packages, including industry leading health benefits and pension matching
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition programs
- Being a part of the larger Jim Pattison Group with over 100 years of vibrant history
- A culture you do not want to miss out on!
TNG welcomes your interest in the above opportunity. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply with cover letter and resume to https://tng.breezy.hr/p/51f16730c381-category-assistant
While we thank all those who apply, only successful candidates will be contacted.
To find out more about our growing company, please visit: www.tng.com.