Livres Canada Books is currently seeking a full-time Communications Officer.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Officer provides support for ongoing communication and marketing activities. The Communications Officer is responsible for the coordination and management of Livres Canada Books publications such as Rights Canada, the Canadian Studies Collection,monthly newsletter, annual report, and other marketing and communication content, as necessary. The Officer is also responsible for coordinating content updates to the Livres Canada Books website and contributing to the Association’s online and social media presence, including quality control of Livres Canada Books communication efforts and its visual identity.
- Coordinate the implementation of technological improvements to the website;
- Post information online and keep the website current and up to date;
- Monitor traffic to the website and provide recommendations that lead to upgrading the website’s efficiency as a communications and marketing tool for Livres Canada Books;
- Create and post content for the organization’s social media profiles;
- Coordinate the production and distribution of publications such as Rights Canada, Canadian Studies Collection, and our organization’s annual report;
- Coordinate the production of all advertising and promotional materials for the publications;
- Monitor the ongoing assessment of publications and other marketing materials, and make recommendations to improve impact;
- Occasionally write, edit and publish blogs and advertising content;
- Coordinate, produce and distribute the Livres Canada Books newsletter;
- Provide advice and feedback on communications related projects;
- Receive and respond to general inquiries from the industry and the general public;
- Provide technical and editorial support for communications projects, as needed;
- Undertake, from time to time, special assignments as required and represent the Association at events, as required.
- Completion of a publishing certificate or a college degree/diploma.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to work both independently but also act as a team player.
- Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once (knowledge of graphic design principles and print production are considered assets).
- Demonstrated writing and editing proficiency. Editorial skills such as proofreading and copyediting will be considered an asset.
- Experience in using social media platforms and online marketing tactics in a professional setting.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, social media management software, and social media and website analytics.
- Comfortable working with content management and email management systems.
- Experience managing book publishing metadata an asset.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English.
Salary: $42,000 - $45,000
Livres Canada Books offers a competitive salary, vacation and benefits package and an office in the heart of downtown Ottawa.* Enjoy working with and supporting publishers from across Canada and liaising with international publishers, experts, and associations.
*This will be a remote position until a hybrid model of in-person and remote work can be fully implemented, or normal office operations can safely resume.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter by June 16, 2021 to:
All enquiries and applications will be treated respectfully and in total confidence. Livres Canada Books supports equal opportunities for all.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.