As Content Coordinator, you will work within a team environment to provide editorial support to Publishers and Content Managers. You will assume increasing levels of responsibility for the development of selected core and ancillary projects, for both digital and print products.
It is essential that all employees exhibit a positive attitude that reflects a collaborative, current, driven to win, disciplined and customer focused approach at Nelson Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the market-driven review of proposals, draft manuscripts, and both ground-up and revised educational materials
- Contact potential reviewers to solicit their participation in review panels, respond to reviewers’ questions, ensure that reviews are submitted in a timely manner, requisition cheques for reviewers, and compile reviewers’ comments
- Provide editorial assistance to Content Managers, Content Editors, Publishers, and other team members who are both in-house and freelance.
- Develop and transmit selected ancillaries, including but not limited to: digital homework systems, instructor/teacher resources, test materials, and student-oriented digital resources. With experience, small core titles may also be assigned for development.
- Assist with preparing manuscripts for transmittal by checking changes to manuscripts, identifying required permissions, preparing photo or figure logs and cast-offs, PDF mark-up, fact check, grade leveling, cold reads, html markup and review, and metadata creation as required.
- Perform administrative tasks such as ordering gratis books, update schedules and reports, organizing and managing errata in published products, and preparing correspondence, and expenses as needed
- Foster effective and efficient communication among team members, with internal colleagues across the company, and with all external customers
Experience and Education
- University degree
- Certificate/degree from college or university publishing program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and motivated individual with good problem-solving skills and strong customer service orientation
- Superior time management skills, flexibility to shift between tasks easily, and demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat; ability to quickly learn new technology
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change and thrives on learning new technology and skills.
Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture isn’t upset with things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Learning on the Fly
Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge—like internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars
Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational Publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the lifelong learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
The Content Services team is dedicated to the creation, validation, and development of content to drive growth across Nelson’s K-20 product portfolio. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders the team will provide leadership, interpretation, and direction to connect product vision with the editorial services needed to create, review, and prepare quality content. The team brings together the myriad of editorial services and functional expertise needed to produce quality digital and print learning solutions in line with customer timelines. From instructional design and content development to approval of final production output, this team plays a key role in shaping Nelson’s product offerings.