Simon & Schuster Canada is looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Associate to assist with digital marketing tactics and manage select social media channels. The position will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager. The associate will also be responsible for elevating our digital footprint by contributing to our advertising and influencer campaigns and help improve workflows in the digital marketing process overall. We are currently working remotely but this position will be based in our downtown Toronto office when it reopens. A passion for books is a must!
- Assist with planning and executing all digital marketing initiatives including newsletters, digital advertising, website and content marketing
- Manage select social channels, including planning and posting content, writing copy, engaging with followers, maximizing reach and growing audience
- Assist with developing and executing strategic social media marketing tactics and paid and organic social media initiatives, tracking performance and optimizing approach to drive improved results
- Compiles social media insights and measures social media content performance using various internal and third-party tools, including Google Analytics
- Candidate will successfully build and monitor relationships with our influencer database, ensuring we build strong connections and create champions for our brand and authors
- Create and/or coordinate videos, photography, email assets, templates, presentations and other assets, as needed
- Works on special projects and administrative tasks as required
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools.
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space.
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for books.
- 3+ years of related experience and a strong background in digital marketing.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Advertising, Marketing) and/or relevant experience.
- Active user and contributor of social media networks, with experience managing online communities and a demonstrated sense of how to use social media and content marketing to promote and build a brand.
- Direct experience using social media management and analytical tools.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with project management tools.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Canva or other editing tools an asset.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday November 5, 2021.
ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Simon & Schuster Canada is a division of Simon & Schuster, a part of ViacomCBS Inc., and publishes a wide range of bestselling fiction and nonfiction books for all readers. Our bestselling authors include Genevieve Graham, Rupi Kaur, Beverley McLachlin, Peter Mansbridge, Kate Morton, Liz Nugent, Neil Pasricha, Tegan & Sara Quin, Kathy Reichs, Iain Reid, Jesse Thistle, Ruth Ware, and many more.
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital, and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world’s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom. Simon & Schuster proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.