Inhabit Education—Educational Consultant
12-month contract (with possibility of extension)
Note: Salary will be competitive and in accordance with experience.
Inhabit Education is a quickly growing Inuit-owned educational publishing company that produces materials for students and teachers in Nunavut. We primarily publish in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, and English, and occasionally in French. Our mandate is to create educational materials for Northern schools that are culturally appropriate and grounded in pedagogical research and experience.
We are looking to hire an Educational Consultant with classroom teaching experience to take a lead role in developing teacher support materials, professional development training materials, assessment resources, levelled readers, and other educational resources, with a focus on Kindergarten to Grade 6. We are seeking an individual who is available for full-time work.
Preference will be given to candidates who are located in Nunavut or the Greater Toronto Area.
We are seeking an Educational Consultant to:
- Write teacher's manuals, assessment materials, lesson plans, and other educational materials to support a variety of curricular areas, particularly literacy
- Review materials for level, clarity, plain language, and user-friendliness
- Develop materials for ECE, elementary, middle school, and high school students and teachers
- Develop and deliver professional development training and workshops, virtually and in-person when travel allows
- Research teacher support materials available in Canada and internationally
- Brainstorm new materials to support curricula
Required skills and experience:
- Experience working as a classroom teacher; experience as an elementary teacher an asset
- Strong writing skills, particularly plain-language writing
- Extensive knowledge of currently available teacher resources, including guided reading and writing programs
- Experience writing materials based on curriculum
- Experience working in a Northern context is a strong asset
- Experience in any of the following areas: Assessment and Evaluation, Language Arts, Special Education, Second Language Learning, Math, Science, Fine Arts, Social Studies, and Physical Education, Health, and Wellness
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Experience in educational publishing is an asset
- Ability to travel periodically for meetings and to work in our Iqaluit office is preferred, when travel allows
- Familiarity with Inuktitut is a strong asset
Requirements for application:
- A cover letter and resume, sent as one PDF
- Identify experience in any of the following areas: Assessment and Evaluation, Language Arts, Special Education, Second Language Learning, Math, Science, Fine Arts, Social Studies, and Physical Education, Health, and Wellness
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2021.