Inhabit Education—Educational Consultant, Curriculum Development (Arts Education)
Inhabit Education is a quickly growing Inuit-owned educational publishing company that produces materials for students and teachers in Nunavut. We primarily publish in Inuktitut and English, and occasionally in French and Inuinnaqtun. Our mandate is to create educational materials that are culturally appropriate and grounded in pedagogical research and experience.
We are looking to hire an Educational Consultant with classroom teaching experience to advise on the development of the arts education curriculum and associated resources. We are seeking an individual who is available for part-time freelance work.
We are seeking an Educational Consultant to:
- Conduct research on current curriculum documents in use nationally and internationally
- Consult on the development of the arts education curriculum and support materials
- Provide guidance and support on current best practices in arts education
- Participate in curriculum development meetings (currently online only)
Required qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of curriculum documents currently in use in Canada
- Subject matter expertise in arts education
- Experience working as a classroom teacher
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
Additional skills and experience:
- Experience in educational publishing
- Strong writing skills, particularly plain-language writing
- Experience working in a Northern context
Requirements for application:
- A cover letter and resume, sent as one PDF
- At least two educational writing samples in the areas of arts education
Please send your application to email@example.com by August 15th, 2021.