Inhabit Education is a quickly growing Inuit-owned educational publishing company that produces materials for students and teachers in Nunavut. We primarily publish in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, and English, and occasionally in French. Our mandate is to create educational materials for Northern schools that are culturally appropriate and grounded in pedagogical research and experience.
We are looking to hire an Educational Consultant with classroom teaching experience to take a lead role in researching and developing assessment and evaluation resources, teacher support materials, and other educational resources, with a focus on Kindergarten to Grade 6. We are seeking an individual who is available for full-time or freelance work. The ideal candidate is located in Iqaluit, Nunavut or the Greater Toronto Area. However, remote working arrangements will be considered.
We are seeking an Educational Consultant to:
- Conduct research on current national and international best practices in assessment and evaluation across a variety of subject areas
- Write recommendation reports based on research findings
- Write and revise assessment resources and materials
- Collaborate with educational consultants and subject matter experts and incorporate feedback on draft materials
- Lead and manage projects to ensure all steps in the process are completed on time
- Brainstorm new materials to support curricula
Required skills and experience:
- Post-graduate or other additional qualifications in assessment and evaluation is a strong asset
- Experience working as a classroom teacher; experience as an elementary teacher is an asset
- Strong writing skills, particularly plain-language writing
- Experience working in a Northern context is a strong asset
- Extensive knowledge of currently available assessment resources
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience in educational publishing or resource development is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel periodically for meetings and to work in our Iqaluit office is preferred, when travel allows
Requirements for application:
- A cover letter and resume, sent as one PDF
- At least two educational writing samples in the area of assessment and evaluation
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 3, 2022.