Inhabit Education—Educational Consultant, Curriculum Development
Note: Salary will be competitive and in accordance with experience.
Inhabit Education is an Inuit-owned educational publishing company that produces materials for students and teachers in Nunavut. We primarily publish in Inuktitut and English, as well as in French and Inuinnaqtun. Our mandate is to provide educational materials that are culturally appropriate and grounded in thorough and up-to-date teaching methods.
We are looking to hire an Educational Consultant with expertise in curriculum development to take a lead role in developing, writing, and revising curriculum documents for Language Arts in Nunavut.
The Educational Consultant will work out of either our Toronto office or our Iqaluit office.
The Educational Consultant, Curriculum Development, will take on the following duties:
- Researching current curriculum documents in use in Nunavut and across Canada
- In concert with Nunavut educational leaders, take a lead role in developing Language Arts curricula for use in Nunavut
- Writing, revising, and editing curriculum documents
- Assisting in the development of materials for ECE, elementary, middle school, and high school teachers
- Completion of some administrative duties as required
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum documents currently in use in Canada
- Experience working as a classroom teacher; experience working with ESL students or struggling students is an asset
- Exceptional writing skills, particularly plain-language writing
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Flexible and willing to consider alternate perspectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Masters-level study of curriculum development is a strong asset
- Experience working in a Northern context is a strong asset
- Experience in educational publishing is an asset
- Ability to travel periodically for meetings and to work in our Iqaluit office is preferred
- Familiarity with Inuktitut is a strong asset
Requirements for application:
- A cover letter and resume, sent as one PDF
- At least two educational writing samples
Please send your application by Monday, August 20, to email@example.com.