12-month contract (with possibility of extension)
Note: Salary will be competitive and in accordance with experience.
INHABIT EDUCATION is an Inuit-owned educational publishing company that produces materials for students and teachers in Nunavut. We primarily publish in Inuktut and English, as well as in French. Our mandate is to provide culturally appropriate and pedagogically rigorous educational materials for Inuit students and educators.
We are looking to hire an Educational Consultant to take a supportive role in developing a quickly expanding educational list of early elementary grades/ECE readers, big books, instructor support and development tools, and play-based learning resources.
The Educational Consultant will work out of either our Toronto office or our Iqaluit office and take on the following duties:
- Researching ECE teacher support materials available in Canada and internationally
- Writing teacher’s resources, activity guides, and other instructional materials to support a variety of curricular areas at the ECE level
- Reviewing ECE teacher materials for clarity, plain language, and user-friendliness
- Contributing to the development of other educational materials for early elementary teachers and students
- Completion of some administrative duties as required
Required skills and experience:
- At least two years of experience teaching in the early elementary school years, and/or working in an early childhood education environment
- Extensive knowledge of currently available teacher resources at the early childhood levels
- Able to writing and communicate clearly
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and willing to consider alternate perspectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel periodically for meetings
- Familiarity with Inuktut and/or Northern culture is a strong asset
Requirements for application:
- A cover letter and resume, sent as one PDF
- At least two writing samples (educational writing if available), which could include an early elementary-level or ECE lesson plan
Please send your application by Monday, June 4, to email@example.com.