Field Sales Manager
The Field Sales Manager is our key point of contact with Raincoast’s field sales reps. Reporting to VP Sales, and working closely with our National Accounts Manager and Sales Assistant, the Field Sales Manager plays an integral role at Raincoast, and in the Sales Department specifically.
- Primary sales rep liaison for Raincoast and our client publishers.
- Responsible for managing Bookstore, Mass Market, Library, Gift and Specialty channels.
- Work on targets by rep, implementing, tracking and reporting on those targets. Keeping up with daily activities, managing flow of information.
- Managing client publisher expectations.
- Prepare and participate in standing calls with publishers and speak effectively on behalf of the field sales portion of sales.
- In house trade show lead for: The Gift show, OLA, Sales Conference in conjunction with the Sales Assistant.
- Prepare and assist VP Sales as necessary with meetings, and business reviews for publishers, and with rep groups.
- Working with VP Sales on design and implementation of overall process and strategy from VP Sales and EVP Sales & Marketing such as setting up and maintaining goals documents and communicating those goals to the field sales side of the market, continued efforts to enhance backlist sales, specials, promotions, and address opportunities.
- Seasonal and ongoing forecasting and inventory management for field sales portion of market with VP Sales.
- Work with Sales assistant on such things as Indy rebate, master grid, new accounts grid, author orders, new acct orders, and comp title analysis.
- Managing coop and administering coop budget for rep accounts.
- Minimum 3-5 years Sales experience, preferably in the book business.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Be able to travel for work from time to time.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of humour.
- Like books.
If this position interests you:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24, 2018
Please include 'Field Sales Manager position' in your subject line.
Respectfully, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.