Eye of Newt (EON) is a Toronto based publishing house and media producer. EON aims to publish a wide range of voices, stories, and fantastic universes, as well as to showcase artists and illustrators. Our books provide a platform for visual storytellers and for readers to explore artistic expression and experience story in a visually inspiring way. On the media production side, EON manages and helps build interactive digital media projects.
We are seeking a designer to work on our various transmedia projects, from print to web. Therefore, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a range of skills. Previous experience designing for print and transmedia projects is an asset. The ideal candidate works well in a team but is largely self-directed.
- Meet with producers, art directors and stakeholders to inform design and discuss project specifics.
- Work to develop a consistent look, feel, and tone across company materials and project materials.
- Strategize and manage digital media projects, such as app and web development.
- Execute creative deliverables, including posters, press kits, pitch documents, press releases, books, etc.
- Create graphics.
- Prepare print files for press.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Experience creating prepress files.
- Strong typographic skills.
- Completion of a graphic design program is preferred.
Experience with book design is an asset.
Experience with web or digital design is an asset.
Please send resumes, any pertinent links, portfolio, and cover letters to Stephanie, at email@example.com by Monday, September 21, 2020. Salary will be competitive and in accordance with experience.