Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher? Then come and join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Sales Manager
Location: 800 Bay Street
Here’s what you’ll be doing ….
You will help support the sales of our trade, academic and textbook products. You will promote and sell books to retail, enterprise and public sector accounts, and university and college instructors in Canada and the United States. You will build rapport with new and existing customers, analyze customer's needs and maximize the sales potential by offering products that meet those needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Support sales efforts with direct sales efforts to trade, enterprise, public sector and education customers
• Grow the assigned territory, hit goals, and exceed quota by securing adoptions of textbook titles through inside sales practices
• Nurture existing customers to confirm and expand repeat business
• Maintain excellent working knowledge of UTP titles
• Build strong relationships with customers and faculty members
• Identify and pursue bulk sales opportunities for our books
• Attend and participate in a semiannual sales conference
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• University graduate
• Experience with the academic/scholarly market is an asset
• Previous experience in sales or marketing is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to engage intellectually across various subjects with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
• A strategic sales mindset and willingness to learn
• Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate comfortably with professors remotely
• Incredible organizational skills
• Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM
• Demonstrate highly-polished writing and speaking skills
• Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
• A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of 47 full-time and contract employees and operates out of our new location at 800 Bay Street. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world although a higher percentage are Canadians and our books reach a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.