We are looking for a tenacious, proactive, and self-motivated Inside Sales Representative to aid us in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be goal oriented, and comfortable searching out new areas of business growth while working with channel partners to generate continued interest in Dundurn Press’s award-winning catalogue of books and eBooks. This is a six-month contract position working 10 hours per week with the possibility of extension.
What You Will Be Doing
You’re going to be finding new customers for our books! In most cases, they won’t be expecting to hear from you, and they may not have heard of Dundurn Press, but in the end, you will leave them delighted. Why? Because you will be handing them solutions to their problems by delivering great books to them in a way they hadn’t considered before.
You’ll gain a full understanding of our publishing catalogue spanning five decades and pitch our print books and eBooks to potential new clients and buyers. You will build interest and excitement by highlighting the benefits of our books to improve morale, generate new client relationships, or simply improve their own business. You will highlight our competitive pricing and custom discount structure for bulk purchases as well as our bespoke packaging programs to anyone from the front desk to senior buyers.
You will grow existing customers into bigger customers and convert prospective customers into accounts because that is what sales winners do.
- Source new sales opportunities for our print and e-books through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Creatively adapt and curate our selection of books to customer needs and requirements
- Be able to identify new opportunities that can be brought in house for further development
- Achieve quarterly quotas by closing
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through creative outreach
- Maintain and expand a database of B2B clients
- Perform effective online presentations to potential clients
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with people
- A track record in customer service and sales
- Comfort with lead generation / cold calling
- A winning phone presence and proven ability to connect online via email
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A creative and innovative approach to finding out of the box solutions for customer problems
- Minimum 1 year of relevant sales experience
- An enthusiastic personality
- Post-secondary education specializing in marketing, communications, or business management
- Book publishing courses or experience in the book industry, an asset
- High degree of written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups, one-on-one, and over the phone
- Excellent organizational abilities, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel/ Word)
Please submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Inside Sales Representative” by October 17, 2021.
Dundurn Press is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates persons with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.
Please note that Dundurn will be conducting virtual meetings with eligible candidates and our staff are working remotely until further notice.