At the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University, we immerse ourselves in the economic, social and technological communities we serve. As they evolve, we shift to meet their needs, leveraging our strengths and generating novel solutions. It is our mission to be a leader in Canada, where highly skilled, adaptable students and researchers develop as people and professionals, and work together for one purpose: to improve quality of life around the world.
FEAS has close to 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 800 graduate students in ten master’s and six doctoral programs; and over 150 faculty members. In 2017, FEAS achieved top 10 recognition in Maclean’s among undergraduate and graduate engineering schools in Canada and in US News & World Report for research productivity and impact.
The Manager, Design Effectiveness will collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to develop inspiring and effective digital and social media and print collateral marketing plans for FEAS. The successful candidate will provide strategic and creative solutions that enhance FEAS’s image, brand and reputation while driving measurable results. As a creative leader with a passion for inclusive design, the successful candidate will be encouraged to challenge conceptual ideas for projects with the goal of developing ambitious, impactful, and integrated communications across various channels and mediums.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Design, Marketing or a related field and a minimum 5 years' experience in digital marketing/advertising (including SEO, SEM/ PPC/ SMM, lead generation, content marketing, marketing automation/email marketing/drip campaigns), digital KPIs /analytics, social media growth, media buying, creative asset creation, web development within an agency.
- Demonstrated fluency in translating the brand and project goals into creative concepts that are delivered on time and within budget.
- Proven experience building content governance models based on best practices while overseeing asset production.
- Demonstrated success in building strong working relationships across institutional boundaries and building partnerships across various functions.
- Minimum 3 years’ managerial experience with direct reports.
- Effectively managed a variety of digital campaigns with a minimum range of $50k-200k.
- Proven direct experience in design thinking, design theory, colour theory, illustration, research skills; print knowledge, knowledge of all design and web application software. Proven expertise in both Mac OS and PC environments, with a solid foundation in HTML, user interface (UI/UX), design (Adobe CC), social media, Google Analytics and reporting dashboards.
- Proven supervisory knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) and project management tools (Asana).
- Proven success in managing multiple initiatives/projects concurrently while meeting changing requirements/priorities to accomplish objective. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage several projects and deadlines at once.
- Ability to synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and presents results to solve unique and complex problems. Ability to translate complex technical information into consumer-friendly designs / assets that drives action. Demonstration success in market research when providing concepts, recommendations and solutions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME IN THE SAME FILE WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION.
Please apply by the deadline date of April 26, 2019.
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing as a first step in the evaluation process prior to being granted an interview. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Aboriginal HR Consultant for support during the selection process.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson's career site.
To apply, please go to:
- Staff Opportunities to view the Manager, Digital Effectiveness job posting