Promotion and marketing specialist – book publishing
We are seeking an experienced promotion and marketing specialist for a fulltime position with a mandate to promote an innovative digital platform featuring Canadian books to university and college professors across Canada, and to promote new books to regional and national media.
This position involves a range of activities including:
- Email marketing – list development, campaign strategizing, copywriting, and analytics using cloud-based CRM or email software
- Event coordination, including organizing presentations on campuses across the country, product launches and author events
- Promotion of new books to local and regional print and broadcast media
- Promotion support for sales reps, including ongoing contact with campus and trade bookstores in the Maritimes and across Canada
- Media buying, coordination of digital and print advertising, and analytics on digital advertising activities
The successful candidate will develop and implement marketing plans for 15-20 new books over a 12-month period, plus the Canadian Coursepacks platform for social science and humanities professors and an upcoming expansion to include short literary works by Canadian authors. He/she will work as part of a marketing team based in Halifax and Toronto including a senior marketing officer, a national media promotion and marketing specialist, an account rep, a senior designer, and freelance sales reps.
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum five years’ experience in promotion and marketing
- A strong background in digital marketing, including email and social media
- Good knowledge of local and regional mainstream media
- Hands-on event coordinating experience
- Strong copywriting skills and experience
- A degree in the arts or humanities or public relations, and good knowledge of Canadian authors and books
- Strong Microsoft and Adobe software skills and experience including Excel and InDesign
For more information on the book titles to be promoted, check out www.formac.ca. For the Canadian Coursepacks platform, see www.canadiancoursepacks.ca. This position is located in Halifax’s South End. Employees are eligible for a company benefits plan.
To apply, send a detailed resume in PDF format only and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviewing for this position will start July 15. The position will commence 1 September or sooner if the successful candidate is available. Candidates selected for interviewing will receive a reply to their application.