Dundurn Press is looking for a creative, highly organized, and enthusiastic book lover to join our sales and marketing team!
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator and Community Manager will be tasked with executing creative marketing campaigns for Dundurn’s exciting list.
- Work closely with the team to support sales and marketing strategies and business objectives;
- Collaborate on creative marketing plans and seeing them through execution;
- Social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Email marketing including content creation for and delivery of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc newsletters; list management; and lead generation;
- Marketing administration tasks;
- Work with our authors to gather assets for their books;
- Work on special projects involving events and Canadian and international trade shows;
- Help prepare materials for our sales team.
This role is right for you if you are a creative book lover and a great team player with a demonstrated talent for social media marketing. You should also be able to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously. Prior experience with book product metadata, social media, email marketing and analytics is considered an asset as well familiarity with project management tools such as Asana.
- Secondary education
- Publishing diploma or equivalent publishing experience.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Emma, Onix, HTML, Facebook, Twitter, RSS and other web applications an asset
- Knowledge of email marketing and social media best practices
- Strong copywriting skills, including knowledge of keyword placement, metatags, headlines, and subject lines
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana an asset
- Friendly and high energy with good teamwork and communication skills.
- Creative, organized, analytical, responsible and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to the attention of Kendra Martin, email@example.com by September 2, 2020. We encourage you to include a sample of your writing, links to your online platform (if applicable), or prior social media work in your application.
Dundurn Press is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates persons with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.
Please note that Dundurn will be conducting virtual meetings with eligible candidates and our staff are working remotely until further notice.