- Create and implement marketing plans for each season’s list. Assign key title status, compose and manage title marketing plans for trade and institutional market.
- Prepare catalogue copy, advertising copy, back cover copy, press releases, and author profiles.
- Identify key titles every season and with Digital Project Manager and create joint marketing initiatives for these titles.
- Prepare and submit annual marketing grant applications for the OMDC Book Fund, and oversee implementation of the projects.
- Work with advertising reps from PW, Booklist, and SLJ to determine annual advertising programs and budgets.
- Contract with outside suppliers to produce marketing materials such as Teacher’s Guides, book trailers, etc.
- From time to time travel to conferences/show/exhibits, either locally or in the US and Canada.
- Meet with booksellers, key institutional buyers and others to help promote Annick’s list.
- Oversee publicity plans/programmes.
- Participate in publishing meetings by providing a marketing perspective for proposed projects, including targeted markets, pricing, formats, age range, and projected sales numbers.
- Consult on titles and cover design for new books.
- Provide marketing input at sales conferences.
- Pitch authors for writer’s festivals across Canada.
- Prepare materials for and oversee review copy mailings twice a year.
- Select books to be submitted for various awards.
Applicants should have at least four years of marketing experience in children's publishing.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Rick Wilks, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24, 2017.
Regrettably, we can only respond to those selected for an interview.