Department: Harlequin Trade Publishing (HTP)
Reporting To: Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing HTP
Location: Toronto, 22 Adelaide Street West
Status: Regular Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Manager position will be a key member of the Hanover Square Press team. The Hanover Square Press imprint is new and growing, specializing in a wide range of nonfiction (including memoir, history, politics and pop culture) and compelling, commercial fiction.
You will be responsible for all imprint-related marketing campaigns and promotions that leverage current publishing trends, author popularity, competitive publishing and opportunities with accounts. You will be responsible for developing, delivering and executing marketing initiatives, sales activities and are accountable for-profit goals.
You will be a key member of a dynamic, highly functioning and evolving marketing team — including leading and developing a direct report.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute high performance marketing campaigns via print, digital, OOH, etc advertising, as well as cross promotions & partnerships for Hanover Square Press titles, specifically understanding audience segmentation and regional targeting
• Drive financial success of the imprint by aligning with stakeholders in Sales, PR, Marketing and Editorial on effective go-to market strategies
• Provide a vast understanding of the non-fiction marketplace including trends, the competitive landscape and utilization of audience data, in addition to knowledge of the literary fiction market in general
• Spark new best practices for extending author brands
• Cultivate relationships and managing project work-flow through key internal teams
• Implement a strong understanding of business, ROI, sales drivers by creating effective marketing campaigns that result in increased, trackable sales
• Attend and present at key business meetings, industry events and conferences
• Focus on continually improving existing marketing practices and ideas, and help motivate the team to achieve goals, as well as collaborate on cross-imprint marketing activities
• Stay abreast of promotional platforms and ways to find readers
Specific training or job experience required before appointment include:
• 7+ years of publishing experience in marketing, or related
• Strong knowledge of the publishing landscape, particularly the non-fiction market
• Experience managing marketing budgets
• Capability to play a strategic role with the senior team to provide operational strategies for continuous growth and process improvement
Competencies and skills required to perform this job include:
• An ability to think strategically, connecting all dots and maximizing all facets of a marketing campaign
• Dynamic, self-assured personality with the ability to work across divisions of the company
• Creative and innovative thinker with a drive for results
• Constant curiosity about publishing trends, social trends
• Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
What's In It For You?
• The opportunity to be part of a company on the leading edge of publishing, working with a very talented team and exceptional books
• Real work/life balance including summer hours
• Working with amazing people!
Please visit our career site to apply to this role (https://careers-harlequin.icims.com/jobs/3330/marketing-manager%2c-hanover-square-press/job)
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.