Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher? Then come and join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Marketing Manager, Social Science
Reports To: Director, Sales & Marketing
Number of Direct Reports: 5
Location: Bay & College area
Here’s what you’ll be doing ….
You will focus on developing and executing marketing plans in the Social Science & Business area in addition to managing specific marketing functions across the entire book publishing division. Targeting the trade, library, scholarly, and higher education segments you will use market research and analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning. You will manage a team focused on reporting and analyzing marketing and sales results, managing publicity, book reviews, advertising, sales support, awards, events and conferences.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach, develop team members to promote and support the overall marketing strategy
- Partner with Director Sales and Marketing to create, implement, and execute an annual marketing plan for social science and business titles
- Manage inventory, P&L, market potential and product lifecycle for social science and business titles
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to our website, track conversion rates and make improvements to our website
- Research and analyze market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies
- Review and establish sales forecast and pricing for new projects presented by acquisitions
- Communicate with various media buyers, advertising agencies, printers, and other services
- Manage and oversee data analysis and market research in order to create special sales promotions, strategies or campaigns to reach our sales revenue targets
- Execute relevant grant submissions and reporting
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University graduate- specialization in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing and promotion
- Print, digital, and social media advertising experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong people management /team leadership ability
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skill in customer and market research
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, Word
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, data analysis and SEO
- Highly motivated; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of 47 full-time and contract employees and operates out of our new location at 800 Bay Street. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world although a higher percentage are Canadians and our books reach a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
University of Toronto Press (“UTP”) is a not-for-profit company, affiliated with the University of Toronto. With approximately 250 employees and revenues of $50 million, the Company is in a unique situation within the scholarly publishing community. UTP is the only university press that operates independently from its parent institution with its book publishing division supported by the successful operation of complementary business functions.
Mission: To publish exemplary works of scholarship and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society.
Vision: To be a premier publisher of scholarly work in North America, serving the Canadian and international academic communities with leading authors and customer-focused employees.
Values: Three primary core values will govern our actions and decisions in ensuring the effectiveness of our mission: Respect, Innovation, and Accountability. These are the guiding principles by which we operate our organization and treat our co-workers, customers, clients and the community.
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume with a covering letter by June 22, 2018, to: email@example.com
Please indicate, Marketing Manager, Social Science, in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.