Job Title: Product Manager, Harlequin Trade Publishing
Department: North American Marketing and Digital
Reports to: Sr Marketing Manager, MIRA, Hanover Press & Park Row Books
Location: 22 Adelaide Street West, Toronto
We are seeking a Product Manager to work in our Trade Publishing Program. In this role you will be primarily responsible for the management, strategic vision, and direction of marketing efforts related to fiction & nonfiction titles published within the MIRA, Park Row Books and Hanover Square Press imprints.
- Direct strategy, programs and tactics across the portfolio of campaigns, as well as the development of partnership and new business projects across U.S. and Canadian markets.
- Plan for long-range growth of the publishing division and marketing department by reviewing past campaign performances and seeking future improvements; communicate the goals, needs and results of the department to VPs, Editors and Sales.
- Develop imprint and product brand messaging, utilizing digital as well as traditional media, and liaising with key internal teams like Publicity and Design.
- Identify key titles each season, determine budgets, and assign resources to execute media campaigns. Handle key authors/title campaigns each season to ensure success.
- Build strong relationships with our vast sales team to ensure all marketing initiatives deliver the best growth for our various sales channels & retailers.
- Maintain a vast understanding of competitive brands in the publishing industry, as well as the overall fiction & nonfiction, literary book club, and entertainment markets.
- Attend and present at key business meetings, industry events & conferences, including developing strong relationships with existing authors and building relationships with potential future authors.
- 7+ years of publishing experience, with increasing levels of responsibility for campaign management and leadership.
- Extensive industry contacts, with strong relationships within the marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines with budgetary constraints and changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and dynamically in both individual and group settings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Some travel will be required.
We appreciate your referrals and ask that all external applicants complete the online application process on www.Harlequin.com (please see "Careers" section at bottom of the home page).
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.