We’re hiring a full-time publicist to support media campaigns for books, literary prizes and social good initiatives. This is an ideal position for an ambitious communicator with tested experience who wants to share stories with impact in a forward thinking and highly regarded agency.
About us: Zg Stories is an award-winning, B-Corporation marketing agency, dedicated to supporting organizations creating long-term, positive change through storytelling. In addition to working with a range of NGOs, we support publishers, festivals, prizes and others in the literary community. We promote books in multiple categories—children’s, non-fiction, literary fiction and poetry—always with an eye on independent presses, exceptional voices and underheard stories.
About our next team member: We are looking for a talented, experienced Publicist to join our growing team. This is an engaging full-time position, managing and pitching a wide range of PR campaigns in Canada and the US.
You’ll be working with a team who believes in producing exceptional work. We are warm, open and trusting. We care deeply about the clients we collaborate with and take on projects that we believe can affect positive change. We are honest and hardworking. We seek new learning opportunities. We collectively solve problems and support each other however we can.
The Publicist’s role will include:
- Managing multiple media campaigns for books, literary organizations and other accounts;
- Writing, editing and sending promotional materials such as press releases and pitches to media contacts across North America;
- Developing and honing relationships with media contacts throughout North America;
- Researching to support media campaigns and strategy projects, for both media campaigns and larger social change initiatives;
- Communicating regularly with clients about campaign progress and results;
- Building strong relationships with clients, collaborators and key stakeholders;
- Contributing to strategy meetings and ideas within the company.
Key candidate attributes:
- Deep understanding of the literary landscape;
- Experience in media relations;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized;
- Ability to work independently;
- Can multitask and handle multiple projects at one time;
- Understanding of Mailchimp and Canva an asset but not required.
What We Offer:
Salary for this role is $50,000 — $55,000.
The employment package also includes:
- Fully remote work, with regular online meetings and interactions.
- Semi-flexible working hours.
- Inclusion in the company's healthcare benefits policy.
- Annual bonuses.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 3 after one full year with the company.
- Professional development opportunities.
The majority of our team works on Pacific Time, but we welcome applications from people anywhere in Canada, in any time zone, and have team members collaborating from across the country.
Send a personalized cover letter and your resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Publicist Application”. Applications will be accepted until 5pm PT on Friday, December 8. Sample pitches are welcome. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, with the role starting January 4, 2024 (negotiable).