Education changes lives forever. It broadens horizons, breaks down barriers, and fires imaginations. Like the University of Oxford of which we are a part, we are committed to uncompromising standards, freedom of expression, and the enrichment of lives through education. This is our motivation, our purpose, and our mission. It is why 100% of the money we make is reinvested into education and research. It is why all 6,000 of us in 52 countries care deeply about reaching more people, in more places, with world-class learning and research materials and services.
About the role
To create and manage marketing strategy for Canadian Higher Education publishing program. To track, measure, and increase the revenue of local disciplines through multi-channel marketing campaigns, sales enablement programs, market and discipline analysis, close collaboration with other division functions in order to achieve key title, list and regional sales goals. To oversee import titles and make recommendations to local market viability to global product teams.
- Creates marketing plans for regionally-based publishing program with local market. Analyses engagement with adopters across key disciplines to ensure that the balance of activity is right.
- Plans individual campaign elements on a rolling basis, reviews performance against ROI analysis in order that future plans can be adapted accordingly.
- Aligns priorities with regional sales teams in order to deliver joined-up customer-focused campaigns.
- Leads in planning & delivery for product presentations at sales conferences in order that key titles & programs are appropriately profiled.
- Represents regional customers and users in product strategy in order that future products and programs meet customer needs.
- Utilizes and supports market research and insight in order that marketing activities best correspond to customer profiles and needs.
- Develops content strategies for discipline pages on the HE specific web pages and sites in order that they deliver to customers the most appropriate content.
- Creates an annual discipline and regional conference attendance plan, making prioritization decisions as necessary, in order that conference spend is aligned to list priorities.
- Contributes to marketing operational processes, including import pricing, data management, and sale meeting preparation.
- Relevant work experience in marketing, publishing or sales environments, ideally within education or EdTech companies
- General understanding of key trends across the Higher Education landscape, digital solutions for the classroom, and core challenges for university instructors.
- Preferred experience with range of marketing tools, particularly Marketing Cloud, or similar programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with previous managerial or supervisory experience
- Ability to assess priorities and balance resources across a list of products
- High degree of literacy and presentation skills
This position is located in Toronto, Canada
To submit your application go to our website.
We are currently thinking through how we use our offices in the future and are open to discussing flexibility within this such as a blend of office and home working.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.