Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher?
Then come and join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Sales & Marketing Assistant, 6-month contract
Reports To: Marketing Manager, Social Science
Division: Book Publishing
Location: Downtown Toronto – College & Bay area
Here’s what you’ll be doing….
You will support the sales of our trade, academic and textbook products. This position performs sales and marketing support for our in house and commissioned sales teams and marketing team.
Ideally, you are detail-oriented, independent self-starter who learns quickly and possesses good judgment, initiative, enthusiasm, and a general readiness to “pitch in” when needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with sales, marketing and editorial to ensure the sales force (both inhouse and commission sales teams) has the content they need at each stage of the buyer purchasing process and customer lifecycle
• Create sales and commission reports to track sales results of our regional outside sales representatives
• Provide sales/pricing information to various distributors, and retailers
• Support inventory management, coordinate stock orders and order of reprints
• Disseminate catalogue content to Edelweiss, Catalist or similar portals
• Field customer queries and requests and manage all exam/desk copy requests and tracking in CRM
• Prepare and distribute exam copy reports to all stakeholders
• Coordinate between sales representatives and UTP Distribution
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary graduate
• Minimum one year of relevant marketing, publishing, library or book selling experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Superior writing and copy editing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite tools, focus on Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Adobe and Photoshop
• Experience with Onix systems is an asset
• A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of 47 full-time and contract employees and operates out of our new location at 800 Bay Street. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world although a higher percentage are Canadians and our books reach a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.