The Canadian Manda Group is looking for a home-based, full-time sales representative located in the Vancouver or Victoria, BC area to service select accounts within the lower mainland and Vancouver Island.
- Execute sales for our stable of publishers to a variety of accounts including independent bookstores, specialty shops, museum stores and university bookstores
- Manage all aspects of communication between accounts and publishers
- Organize and execute catalogue and ARC mailings
- Attend and participate in 3 sales conferences per year in Toronto
- Escort visiting authors to media interviews, signings, events, etc., i.e. The Vancouver Writers Festival
- Work closely with booksellers and publishers to set up author visits / signings / events / promos as required
- Expectation is to travel within assigned territory as needed
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to self-manage time, priorities and resources. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a requirement. A strong grasp of the publishing landscape in Canada would be a plus.
Start date is ideally December 1st, but we will be flexible for the right candidate.
Please send letter of introduction, resume and references to Carey Low: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.