Come join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our current opening:
Position: Social Media Specialist
Reports To: Marketing Manager, Humanities
Division: Book Publishing
Location: To be determined*
Here’s what you’ll be doing….
You will create and drive social media and content marketing campaigns for titles across our Book Publishing Division. You will actively work to enhance the profile of the press and its authors.
*The position will commence with working remotely from home, until normal office operations can resume safely.
• Develop and implement the strategic plan to grow UTP’s social media audience for key demographics.
• Strengthen the UTP brand and engage our community on social media by producing creative, intelligent, and compelling content.
• Manage the day-to-day execution of social media messaging.
• Work in conjunction with other marketing team members to leverage UTP authors, book content, activities, and recognition in messaging, including awards and book reviews.
• Analyze and report on KPIs on a regular basis.
• Create and implement strategies to help secure influencer partnerships.
• In conjunction with other members of the marketing team, grow web traffic for UTP by evaluating and improving the site’s SEO.
• Write clear, compelling communications and feature stories for targeted demographics.
• Communicate in a professional but unique social media “voice” for each product and subject area.
• Create social media campaigns and calls-to-action that drive target buyers to book sites to generate sales leads and revenue.
• Maximize followers on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Keep up to date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms.
• Compile all metrics and communicate to authors and staff.
Here’s what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
• University graduate.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or related field.
• Experience planning, managing, and executing successful social media campaigns.
• Experience with web publishing, HTML, SEO, and basic content management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Proven track record in social media strategy and management.
• Ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly. An eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
• Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision; independent and self-sufficient.
• Ability to think strategically; results-driven.
• Team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Critical thinker with keen problem-solving skills.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Interested in selling and marketing books to an intelligent and informed audience.
• Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus.
About our Book Publishing team
The Book Publishing Division has a staff of over 40 full-time and contract employees and operates out of 800 Bay Street. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world and we serve a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
Please visit our website to apply online https://utorontopress.com
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.