Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher? Then come and join our incredible Book Publishing team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Social Media Specialist
Reports To: Marketing Manager, Humanities
Location: Bay & College area
Here’s what you’ll be doing ….
You will create and drive social media and content marketing campaigns for titles across our Book Publishing division. You will actively work to enhance the profile of the press and its authors.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the strategic plan to grow UTP’s social media audience for key demographics
- Strengthen the UTP brand and engage our community on social media by producing creative, intelligent, and compelling content
- Manage the day-to-day execution of social media messaging
- Work in conjunction with other marketing team members to leverage UTP authors, book content, activities, and recognition in messaging, including awards and book reviews
- Analyze and report on KPIs on a regular basis
- In conjunction with other members of the marketing team, grow web traffic for UTP by evaluating and improving the site’s SEO
- Keep up to date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms
- Compile all metrics by title and communicate to authors and staff
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- University graduate
- 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Proven skill in planning, managing, and executing successful social media campaigns
- Experience with web publishing, HTML, SEO, and basic content management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly; an eye for detail and impeccable grammar
- Independent self-starter; thinks strategically and is results-driven
- Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation, and accountability
About our Book Publishing Team
The Book Publishing division has a staff of 47 full-time and contract employees and operates out of our new location at 800 Bay Street. The division publishes 180 books annually including scholarly monographs primarily aimed at university libraries and faculty, course books intended for student use, and trade titles aimed at the informed general reader. Our authors come from around the world although a higher percentage are Canadians and our books reach a global market.
About University of Toronto Press
University of Toronto Press (“UTP”) is a not-for-profit company, affiliated with the University of Toronto. With approximately 250 employees and revenues of $50 million, the Company is in a unique situation within the scholarly publishing community. UTP is the only university press that operates independently from its parent institution with its book publishing division supported by the successful operation of complementary business functions.
Mission: To publish exemplary works of scholarship and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society.
Vision: To be a premier publisher of scholarly work in North America, serving the Canadian and international academic communities with leading authors and customer-focused employees.
Values: Three primary core values will govern our actions and decisions in ensuring the effectiveness of our mission: Respect, Innovation, and Accountability. These are the guiding principles by which we operate our organization and treat our co-workers, customers, clients, and the community.
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume with a covering letter by June 29, 2018 to: email@example.com
Please indicate Social Media Specialist in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press. Only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.