Special Sales and Support Manager
Hartley & Marks Group, a Vancouver-based book and product design company, is seeking a Special Sales and Support Manager to join our Sales Team. This role is critical to our growth strategy over the next few years and involves working closely with our established customers within travel and concourse based retail and other non-traditional retail environments. Taking over a portfolio of accounts, the successful candidate will be responsible for growing the business through strategic branded initiatives with the world’s leading travel-based retailers. Support will be provided to develop the business with new retailers in non-traditional markets. As Support to the sales team, an essential element of the role will be understanding, analyzing, reporting and communicating with the sales teams both in house and across North America. This will provide insight into our business that will allow current sales representatives to function at their highest possible level while discovering opportunitythat will fuel the Special Sales role.
Based in Vancouver ideally but will consider remote for the right candidate.
Hartley & Marks is a global company with offices in Canada, Ireland, Japan and Australia. As a culturally diverse company, our work environment is respectful, inclusive and growth-oriented. We are continually developing and launching new products, which are sold and distributed in markets around the world.
At our Vancouver office we maintain a 4-day work week (38 hours, Monday to Thursday) and provide a full benefits package. We also offer extended vacations, starting at 2 weeks’ paid vacation plus Christmas holidays. Free yoga classes are offered weekly, as well as monthly staff lunches.
For more information, please visit our websites: www.hartleyandmarks.com and www.paperblanks.com.
As Special Sales and Support Manager, you will have full sales responsibility for the airport and concourse channel of customers we currently work with as well as the opportunity to develop business in other non-traditional channels we are currently not working. Special sales and business development will occupy 80% of your workload. The remaining workload will be in Sales Support creating and providing crucial support for all in-house sales, third-party sales and related reports for the Sales Director. This role is brand new to the company and will allow for more responsibility as goals are achieved and new strategies embraced for developing our business in North America and beyond. You will need to be both highly organized and an exceptional communicator.
- Adopting our current portfolio of airport and travel retail and “branded retail” projects currently underway since 2018
- Expanding the Paperblanks footprint across all airport retail
- Business development in non-traditional retail environments including the breadth of our current customers’ concourse businesses as well as new un-tread territories for “grab and go” retailers
- Strategize and execute on ambitious sales initiatives with retailers to reach sales goals each season and yearly
- Forecasting and budgeting sales within the airport channel
- Work closely with and communicate regularly to the Sales Director to ensure plans are being met and targets will be achieved
- Sales report development – working with IT, Customer Service and Accounting to create a suite of reports for the Sales Director, In-house Marketplace Specialist, all third-party gift and book trade sales groups by state and territory (monthly)
- Trade show management and logistics for national trade shows in the US and Canada as well as regional shows in partnership with third-party rep groups
- Travel to sales conferences (1 per year) and national trade shows (2 per year)
- Sales kits development and distribution.Gather samples, catalogues and delivery to reps – work with in-house customer service team to execute
- Key account sales history, (experience within publishing a benefit)
- Co-Op Merchandising budget management
- Self-starter who understands initiative is essential to building business
- Impeccable organization, communication and presentation skills
- Customer-centric mentality with willingness to “go above and beyond” to make things happen
- Ability to travel when needed
Assets, but not required:
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Adobe Reader, Excel, Word)
- Experience working in global, multicultural environments
- Previous experience in airport channel sales to existing customers will be made a priority
- Experience with stationery sales
Compensation is dependent on experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume and mention “Special Sales and Support Manager” in the subject line. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled. email@example.com