Reporting to the Technology Manager, the Technology Specialist is responsible for providing support to eBOUND publisher clients as they digitize their books, manage their digital assets, and send content and metadata to online retailers. The Technology Specialist works closely with our vendor partners, service providers, and eBOUND’s Sales and Marketing Specialist to respond to and anticipate our clients’ needs.
The responsibilities of the Technology Specialist in supporting this mandate falls into the following categories:
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Publisher support for Digital Asset Management and Content Distribution
- Train publisher clients on the use of the CoreSource digital asset management system
- Respond to publisher queries about digital content and metadata
- Handle metadata creation and distribution for clients as requested
- Liaise between publisher clients and ebook vendor partners to troubleshoot content distribution issues
- Facilitate Print on Demand services as requested by clients
- Ebook Conversion Support
- Obtain estimates on ebook conversion for publishers from eBOUND’s conversion house partners
- Generate monthly conversion invoices
- Liaise between conversion houses and publishers during the QA testing process
- Update info in eBOUND’s content management system regarding correspondence, contracts, projects, tasks, contact and organization information
- Summarize and report on content ingestions and conversion activity for the quarterly Board report
- Contribute content to bi-weekly newsletter
- Create tutorials and resources for the eBOUND website
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Analytical problem-solver with attention to detail
- Experience using a digital asset or content management system
- Basic HTML and CSS skills, familiarity with XML (knowledge of ONIX metadata is an asset)
- Basic understanding of ebook production
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Customer service experience is an asset
At eBOUND our mission is to enable independent Canadian publishers to engage in a digital world. We do this by providing digital services in the following three areas:
- Collective purchase of digital services
- Collective licensing of ebook content
- Dissemination of market and technical intelligence
This position is located in our downtown Toronto office.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resumé by June 26, 2019.
Preference will be given to those with post-secondary education.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.