Do you have a passion for children’s books? Are you interested in developing your sales skills within a dynamic team at Canada’s largest children’s publisher? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks? An exciting opportunity is available at Scholastic Canada in the Trade Division for the position of Sales Coordinator, reporting to the Sales Manager.
Scholastic Canada is the country's leading publisher and distributor of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for supporting and assisting the sales team in all aspects of the sales process from preparing materials to participating in sales meetings customer follow up across a wide account base. You will use your strong communication skills to build relationships with key internal and external partners to support the sales force. Additionally, you will work closely with the Sales and Marketing management team to plan and execute seasonal sales conferences.
- Work with the Sales team to create product presentations, product displays and promotions, and attend customer sales meetings as needed
- Organize, prepare and distribute sales materials, including PowerPoint decks and Excel item files
- Compile, analyze and distribute weekly sales reports and tracking tools
- Coordinate and execute seasonal sales conferences. Duties include sourcing venues, event management, creating presentations and prepare materials
- Assist with the organization of trade shows, regional book fairs and special events, attend as needed
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings and provide project updates as required
- Build relationships with internal and external partners to ensure great customer service
- A post-secondary graduate with knowledge and interest in children’s books, authors and book media
- 2-3 years of experience in the publishing industry
- Strong organizational skills are essential
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment both independently and while collaborating with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (including PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), BNC SalesData /CataList and Book Manager
- Strong writing skills and a keen design eye
SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive corporate RRSP program
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period
- Employee discounts on Scholastic merchandise
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume including salary expectation by September 25, 2019 to:
Human Resources Division
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities are available to applicants who are selected for an interview. Please notify the interviewer in advance of any accommodations you require.