Come join a dynamic and growing marketing and communications team at Ryerson University. We’re building an exciting cross-functional team to meet the evolving needs of our stakeholders within the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS). The team will create and optimize content, bringing agility and creativity to marketing messages and initiatives that will drive FEAS goals and objectives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Writer will conceptualize, coordinate, and produce high-quality content across a multitude of digital and traditional platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative and versatile writer who can craft clear, engaging and on-brand content for a variety of audiences. An outstanding storyteller, they will have the ability to distill complex subject matter into accessible and compelling content. The Writer will have a proven track record of producing high-quality collateral that aligns with strategic goals and objectives and that achieve measurable results.
We are looking for an individual that can work both collaboratively and autonomously with ease. The position will be work-from-home to start, supported by digital resources and an exemplary team, but is fully expected to transition to in-office once campus reopens.
- Conceptualizes, plans and develops engaging and original content for marketing initiatives and communication materials including but not limited to campaigns, blog posts, email marketing, web copy and social media.
- Leads all aspects of copywriting including research, interviewing subjects, developing content, editing, coordinating approvals, proofreading and more.
- Provides editorial review for all FEAS content, communication materials and marketing initiatives for readability, accessibility and to ensure that it is consistent with the FEAS brand.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic recommendations and develop relevant and engaging content for digital and traditional platforms.
- Tracks and achieves KPI targets by optimizing content through design, SEO, SEM, user journeys, information architecture, analytics and more.
- A post-secondary university degree in English, Journalism or Communications.
- 4+ years of experience in journalism or within an agency in a dedicated marketing / branded communications environment.
- A diverse portfolio of work that showcases the candidate’s outstanding storytelling abilities and writing experience across web, digital, social media, print and multimedia.
- Expert knowledge of CP Style with experience working within content guidelines and writing style guides.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines while also being able to adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Exceptional research, writing, interviewing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experienced in creating compelling content of varying lengths for a variety of audiences and channels.
- A solid understanding of SEO and SEM best practices.
- Expert problem-solver and critical thinker with strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in translating complex technical documentation or subject matter into consumer-friendly language. Experience writing content for the STEM industry is a major plus.
- Proficient in G Suite programs, Microsoft Office, and project management tools including Asana or Trello. Working knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) is considered an asset.
WHAT FEAS OFFERS
- A competitive company benefits package. Note: the successful candidate will receive prorated benefits at the 4 month mark.
- Business casual working environment.
- Flat corporate structure. You’ll be collaborating with both your peers as well as senior leaders on the regular.
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit www.ryerson.ca , check out @RyersonU, @ryersonfeas, on Instagram and Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
At Ryerson University’s Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS), we are purpose-driven. We strive to make meaningful shifts in culture—shifts that lead to the greater democratization of technology and design, and improved quality of life for all. To do so, we offer advanced facilities, world-class faculty, applied learning opportunities with industry, hospitals and the community, and a supportive environment that encourages our students to become ethical and inclusive people.
FEAS has roughly 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 800 graduate students in ten master’s and six doctoral programs; and 162 faculty members. In 2018, FEAS was recognized by US News & World Report as a top-10 engineering school in Canada and 5th in Canada for engineering research citation impact. Visit www.ryerson.ca/feas.
Submit the following as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Include any link(s) or attachments to your portfolio
Application deadline: May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.