Political satirist Terry Fallis is once again nominated for the 2013 Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour. Fallis won the award in 2008 for his first novel, The Best Laid Plans.
This year, 60 titles were submitted for consideration. Selected by five anonymous judges and a group of local readers from Leacock’s hometown of Orillia, Ontario, the nominees are:
- Terry Fallis, Up and Down (McClelland & Stewart)
- Jonathan Goldstein, I’ll Seize the Day Tomorrow (Penguin Canada)
- Andrew Kaufman, Born Weird (Random House Canada)
- Cassie Stocks, Dance, Gladys, Dance (NeWest Press)
- William Whitehead, Words to Live By (Cormorant Books)
The winner of the $15,000 prize will be announced on April 25.