The Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia has announced the shortlists for the WFNS Literary Awards. The awards celebrate and promote excellence in writing from Canada’s Atlantic region. Jurors picked the nine finalists from 68 submissions for the three awards.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony in Halifax on Sept. 21.
The nominees are:
The Atlantic Poetry Prize
- I’m Alive. I Believe in Everything, Lesley Choyce (Breton Books)
- Church of the Exquisite Panic: The Ophelia Poems, Carole Glasser Langille (Pedlar Press)
- Whiteout, George Murray (ECW Press)
The Evelyn Richardson Memorial Non-fiction Award
- Shadowboxing, Steven Laffoley (Pottersfield Press)
- The Discovery of Weather, Jerry Lockett (Formac Lorimer Books)
- Cape Breton Railways: An Illustrated History, Herb MacDonald (Cape Breton University Press)
The Thomas Head Raddall Atlantic Fiction Award