Six titles have been shortlisted for this year’s bpNichol Chapbook Award, which recognizes excellence in Canadian poetry published in chapbook form.
Selected by jurors Sandra Ridley and kevin mcpherson eckhoff, the finalists are:
- thirteen poems for releasing love by Joanne Thorwaldson (Leaf Press)
- An OK Organ Man by Fenn Stewart (above/ground press)
- Ordinary Time: The Merton Lake Propers by Gil McElroy (Baseline Press)
- Fruit Machine by Shannon Maguire (Ferno House)
- 21st century monsters by ryan fitzpatrick (Red Nettle Press)
- Naturally Speaking by Sandra Alland (espresso/paperplates press)
The winner, who will be announced November 16 at Toronto’s Indie Literary Market, receives $2,000. The winning publisher receives $500.