Several Canadian-authored titles are up for 2014 Audie Awards, including a posthumous nomination for David Rakoff’s final narrated audiobook, Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish.
Organized by the Audio Publishers Association, the U.S. awards recognize the year’s best audiobooks and spoken-word entertainment.
The Canadian finalists are:
- Fiction: The Imposter Bride by Nancy Richler; Tavia Gilbert, nar. (Tantor Media)
- Narration by the author: Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish by David Rakoff (Random House Audio/Books on Tape)
- Non-fiction: David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell, nar. (Hachette Audio)
- Package design: Clockwork Angels: The Watchmaker’s Edition by Kevin J. Anderson; Neil Peart, nar. (Brilliance Audio)
- Science fiction: MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood; Bernadette Dunne, Bob Walter, and Robbie Daymond, nars. (Random House Audio/Books on Tape)
The winners will be announced May 29 at a ceremony in New York City.