The Leacock Associates have announced the finalists for the annual Leacock Medal for Humour, which recognizes the best book of humour by a Canadian from the year prior. On the list are memoirs by Great Big Sea frontman Alan Doyle and Little Mosque on the Prairie creator Zarqa Nawaz.
The shortlist is as follows:
- Aaron Bushkowsky, Curtains for Roy (Cormorant Books)
- Alan Doyle, Where I Belong: Small Town to Great Big Sea (Random House Canada)
- Terry Fallis, No Relation (McClelland & Stewart)
- Zarqa Nawaz, Laughing All The Way to the Mosque (HarperCollins Canada)
- Robert Wringham, A Loose Egg (Eggs Press)
Each finalist will receive $1,500. The winner of the $15,000 prize will be announced at a luncheon in Orillia, Ontario, on April 30.