The finalists for the 30th annual bpNichol Chapbook Award for the best poetry chapbook published in Canada have been announced.
- Nelson Ball, A Gathering (BookThug)
- Jason Christie, Cursed Objects (Above/Ground Press)
- Phil Hall, Notes from Gethsemani (Nomados Press)
- Ben Ladouceur, Lime Kiln Quay Road (Above/Ground Press)
- Matt Rader, I Don’t Want to Die Like Frank O’Hara (Baseline Press)
- Lissa Wolsak, Of Beings Alone: The Eigenface (Nomados)
Judges Alice Burdick and Karl Jirgens chose the shortlist from a total 68 submissions. The winner will receive $4,000 – the richest annual award for a poetry chapbook, while the publisher of the winning title will be awarded $500. The prize will be announced at the Meet the Presses Indie Literary Market at Toronto’s Tranzac Club on Nov. 14.