The list of finalists for the 2015 John W. Dafoe Book Prize have been announced. The $10,000 prize is given each year to a non-fiction book focused on Canada or its place in the world. The winner will be announced later in April and will be honoured at a ceremony in May.
- Antony Anderson, The Diplomat: Lester Pearson and the Suez Crisis (Goose Lane Editions)
- Ken S. Coates and Greg Poelzer, From Treaty Peoples to Treaty Nation: A Road Map for All Canadians (UBC Press)
- Norman Hillmer, O.D. Skelton: A Portrait of Canadian Ambition (University of Toronto Press)
- Gordon Laxer, After the Sands: Energy and Ecological Security for Canadians (Douglas & McIntyre)
- David Mulroney, Middle Power, Middle Kingdom: What Canadians Need to Know About China in the 21st Century (Penguin Canada)