Scotiabank Giller Prize finalists Gary Barwin and Mona Awad have made the longlist for the 2017 Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour.
A panel of judges selected 11 titles from 68 submissions:
- John Armstrong, A Series of Dogs (New Star Books)
- Mona Awad, 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl (Penguin Canada)
- Gary Barwin, Yiddish for Pirates (Random House Canada)
- Judy Batalion, White Walls (New American Library)
- Lesley Crewe, Mary, Mary (Nimbus Publishing)
- C. P. Hoff, A Town Called Forget (Five Rivers Publishing)
- Marni Jackson, Don’t I Know You? (Flatiron Books/Raincoast)
- Amy Jones, We’re All in This Together (McClelland & Stewart)
- Jack Knox, Hard Knox: Musings from the Edge of Canada (Heritage House Publishing)
- Noah Richler, The Candidate: Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail (Doubleday Canada)
- Drew Hayden Taylor, Take Us to Your Chief And Other Stories (Douglas & McIntyre)
Three finalists will be announced at a ceremony in Orillia, Ontario, home of the Stephen Leacock Museum, on May 3. The winner will receive their $15,000 award at a public gala at the city’s Geneva Park Conference Centre on June 10.