- Margaret Atwood talks to Salon about her well-timed meditation on debt, Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth
- Are Canadian authors’ festivals the greatest?
- More gripes about those nasty chain bookstores
- Reed Elsevier beginning to look desperate in its sale of Reed Business Information
- The 10 most expensive Edgar Allan Poe books, as sold on Abebooks.com
- Gus Van Sant bears a striking resemblance to Tom Wolfe. Oh, and he’s planning a film version of The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test