- Dr. Seuss’s What Pet Should I Get? breaks record for Random House Children’s Books’ fastest-selling picture book.
- “The aesthetic of art is primal and private – it’s a guts-deep aesthetic that is not only losing its potency to the benevolent dictatorship of the screen, but that also goes limp and queasy in the rooms that host the reading, the conference, the Q&A”: what happened to the inherent anti-socialness of writing?
- Donald Trump biography rushed to earlier print date.
- The trend of bookless university libraries.
- Proposed petting zoo at D.H. Lawrence Heritage Centre sparks outrage.
- Calculating the modern-day fortunes of Jane Austen characters.
- Indigo reports sales growth and loss reduction.